Home | Techie Talk | Story Time | About | Contact

Friday, May 12, 2006

Related Communities in Orkut


 
 
Now-a-days, i spend a lot of time in Orkut. Though there are certain features that can be enhanced further, overall I really like the features available in Orkut. I m getting more emotional meeting my old friends through this service.


Another most interesting feature in Orkut to me is the algorithm they are using to find Related Communities. Say for example if I am in the Vairamuthu Fans community, the right side bottom frame shows the related communities like Vaali Fans, Illayaraja, etc. For a Sachin Community, the related communities frame has Dravid, Dhoni, etc. Why I am so excited is that, this is working perfectly even for communities that aren't related to any popular personalaties. Amazing!!!

The brain behind this algorithm deserves a Big Salute. Great work Team!!!

PS: Need to search and find how this is implemented. The Big G, please help !!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Prathees R said...

Just got an information from Venkat. There is no rocket technology behind the Related Communities in Orkut.

The owner of the community while creating it will select Related communities. Hmm I should have tried this before posting the blog.

Cheers,
Vetty Officer

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanakkam Vetty Officer
Enakku oru Orkut invite anuppa mudiyuma?
Nanri
Ippadikku
Raja
agrajame@gmail.com

4:05 AM  
Blogger Prathees R said...

Raja:

Welcome!

I have sent you the invitation.

cheers,
VO...

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home